Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mom's 50th, etc.

So, contrary to popular belief, I have proof that Mason wasn't all smiles while he was here in Utah. I know he had a really good time, but I thought this picture was too funny to not share with everyone. Honestly it was fun to have all the family together for the short time that it was. I think we all had a good time.


These pics are my contribution to the "mom's 50th" series of blogs that we've all had. I thought all of the decorations came together well and made a fun evening.



And of course we can't forget the cake that Heather put together. Mom's not too young now that she's 50! We officially buried her youth in a chocolate cake (note the gummi worms).


I think this is one of my favorite pics. You can tell that mom was really happy. Happy 50th mom!


We also had fun playing around with everyone - and very glad that we have the space to have people over without sitting on each other's laps! RockBand seemed to be a hit - especially Nate's smooth vocals. Of course we can't forget the "Scottish lakes" Police lyrics and Mason's astounding vocal performance on the B-52's "Roam". Too funny! I snapped a couple pics of Brad, DeAnna, and Donovan as they were jamming.


And now for a few I snapped over the week of our kids. I especially like Kaylee and Rachel's pics. They're growing up too quick!



6 comments:

Silvey Mothership said...

Cute pictures! Rachel is on my lap and we are checking out all the blogs. She liked the pictures everyone has!Have fun in SC!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Is it just me, or do I look a little chubby in that picture...wow, time to start working out again I guess. Those girls are getting so big, it is so strange to think Donovan will be that big someday!!

Hiatt Family said...

Did I say that mason was all smiles in Utah, because that would be WRONG! However, he did love being around his cousins! That is a good pic of mom, I think I will have to steal it. And yes, Rockband was a highlight. I still wish we would have videoed mason's amazing vocals for all to see and hear. Enjoy your freedom for the week! I wish I could dump my kid on Granny for a week without having to pay an astronomical fair to get him there and back!

Hiatt Family said...

Time to update your blog! :)

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I was thinking the same thing Lenna!

Gina said...

Just wanted to say that I like the John Wayne picture that says Happy Birthday Sister on it the best! Ha! although...she really was/is a Tom Selleck fan..