Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Friday, April 10, 2009

Recipe Friday

I got this recipe from my neighbor and it's great. I've always liked foil dinners but this saves the hassle of trying to make several individual ones.

Family Foil Dinner

1/2 pkg onion soup mix
1 lb ground beef
season salt
1 egg
shredded cheddar cheese
2 - 4 potatoes, sliced into sticks about the size of fries
baby carrots (or sliced carrots)
1 onion, sliced into rings
garlic powder
onion powder
4 - 6 T butter

Preheat oven to 400. Layer a 9x 13 pan with foil. (Use several layers to keep it from leaking the juices out.) In mixing bowl beat egg. Add ground beef, season salt, onion soup mix, and cheese (I use about 1 C cheese). Shape beef mixture into patties and place in 9x13 pan. On top of patties layer potatoes, carrots, and onion rings. Shake garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper over the top. Cut butter into cubes and scatter around on the top. Put foil over the top and fold the edges together so the food is in a foil pocket. Bake for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.

2 comments:

Melody's Gazette said...

I use the rest of the onion soup mix packet to coat the potatoe fries in a bowl before I layer them in. It adds a lot of flavor. I also like that you can try different seasonings with the patties every time.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

That actually sounds really good. I love foil dinners! I may have to make it this week. We are ready to see Easter pictures!!!