Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Easter (by Heather)

Easter weekend for us was super crazy! My sister was in town for a dress fitting and I also hosted a bridal shower for her Saturday night, with twenty guests plus four extra children. It was a blast and Michele scored some great gifts. Sunday we had more General Conference, Easter baskets, and the Easter bunny came and hid eggs. We also had a nice Easter Lunch with Michele, Benjamin (her fiance), and my cousin Bethany. It was a great weekend, even with all the crazy going on. I've posted some of our favorite pictures of the kids.

Getting the goodies out of the baskets.






Finding Easter eggs!





After Easter we had a week off for spring break and enjoyed visiting friends and NOT doing homework. :) This week it was back to soccer games Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri and trying to fit a somewhat normal routine in there.
We visited the dentist this week and were given another thumbs up. No cavities! So far we've been fortunate enough to not have to deal with cavities for any of our children yet. Hopefully that will continue.
I was also called to be the fourth Sunday teacher in Relief Society at church. I'm a little nervous, just because it's been so long since I've had to prepare more than a five minute lesson for family home evening, but I'm sure once I get going it will come together fine. Well, I think that's it for news this week. Until next time then...

5 comments:

Kirsta Silvey said...

Good luck with your calling. I was always nervous to teach—and I was teaching 4 year olds. Looks like Easter was fun!

Lecia said...

The best part about teaching is learning. The teacher always learns the most. You will do well Heather. Good luck & happy studying.

Hiatt Family said...

Hooray hooray for pictures! Sara's hair is looking longer and the kids are all so cute, as usual. I was the 4th sunday relief society teacher...is that the "teaching for our times" week where you have a little more flexibility in what is taught? I actually enjoyed that calling...it was once a month and it made me study and learn a bit more than I usually found time for. Good luck!

Silvey Mothership said...

yay for Easter! Thanks for the post. You will do great with your new calling.

Alexis said...

I love the pics - honestly, I'm shocked at how old Sara looks! Wow!