Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Monday, April 14, 2008

update...

So I just realized that we're about halfway through the month and I don't have a single post up yet... that just might be an indicator that things are getting busy!

So the pneumonia is past, although the effects are long-lasting. Since the stuff in your lungs takes up space you can't get oxygen as well. Since seeing the doctor and going through the antibiotic regimen my breathing has steadily improved. For several days I'd get winded really easily and go into a coughing fit. The past week has gotten a little better each day - fewer coughing fits and more energy. Dr. Porter suggested that it would probably be a month before I really feel 100% again. I think that will be about right before it's all said and done. Bottom line - don't get pneumonia!

I was back in San Diego last week and headed down again tonight. The team down there is progressing and I think I'll be able to cut it way back in a few weeks. I'll be in UT next week and probably won't need to return for possibly 2 weeks. That's a good sign. I need to be at home more - not only to be with the family, but also because we have a number of projects that need to be done...

List of projects:
  1. Finish raised garden bed and move excess dirt
  2. Install sprinkler heads and get the system running
  3. Finish shelf project in closet under stairs
  4. Plant the garden (end of month)
  5. (ongoing) mow the yard
These are the most pressing things at hand. They all take time and right now the only time I have is on Saturdays. If I'm at home I can work in the evenings since it's about 7:30 or 8:00pm before the sun goes down. All the neighbors are starting their projects now. Before too long we'll have a nice looking neighborhood.

Heather continues to get bigger. 'Nuff said there - she's expecting! The kids are doing fine and, now that it's warm, like to be outside as much as possible. Bryant is still testing our patience and now refuses to go potty in the toilet. We put him back in diapers.

Sorry, no pics this time. We'll get more up soon.

4 comments:

Gina said...

No comments yet??? Gotta fix that!
You all have mentioned a "Dr. Porter". Isn't he the dr on the Brady Bunch???? Ha!
Glad you are better. Dennis has had pnemonia many times - you are fortunate you didn't end up in the hospital. Guess there is a shot you can take for it, but Dennis never has.
Bree, the grandkids, and I had fun in Council Bluffs this week. The Zoo is awesome!
I enjoy your blog -
Aunt Gina

Caleb said...

Dr Porter actually went to the osteopathic school there in Kirksville and knew our family when we lived there back in the day... It's always nice to go to someone we know and trust.

Hiatt Family said...

Busy, busy, busy. Back to diapers though? How can you stand that or afford it? mason's 21 month stools are enough to make me want to vomit. A 3 almost 4 year old has to be a billion times worse. I don't envy you. Maybe mason can train him when we come to visit in July.

Silvey Mothership said...

We're home and loved our trip although it's always too long of a drive and too short inbetween. I hate that Bry is back in diapers (the turkey)maybe you should go the other way and put him in training pants and plastic pants -I bet it would make him uncomfortable enough to do the trick. Just an idea. Scott had a setback when we moved to Utah but the doctor and preschool person said not to put him back in diapers, I know it's extra laundry and work but it is a mind set for the kid too. We look forward to seeing the kids! Granny