Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Catch-up #2

Part of the fun of Heather being sick is trying to keep track of the kids in addition to the busy workdays. Here we find Kaylee who decided to do her own hair. She could probably make a crown with all her barrettes.

Posted by Picasa

In other news, Bryant is doing great at preschool - apparently he's one of the brighter ones in the class! He can count the highest, knows all his letters and can recognize most very quickly. He's great with colors and is working on getting along with the other kids (he's always been slower to warm up to other kids, new activities, new foods, etc). That's great news - now if only he would listen better...

Rachel is doing well at school as well. She showed me a paper yesterday which I think was her first spelling test. The teacher would say the word and the kids would have to write them down. Rachel said she was one of a few kids that didn't need to make corrections on her paper! She still struggles a little with math problems but we're working on that. She's working on 1 and 2 more than (e.g. 7 and __ more is 9) and 1 or 2 less than (e.g. 3 is __ less than 4). She continues to be a good helper with Sara.

5 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

Love all of the accessories kaylee! You are your mother's daughter! That's fun to hear how good Bry is doing. He always is better away from mom and dad (no offense!). Then smarty pants Rachel! I loved the original spellings she used when she sent me a thank you note. She is a smart one. You should use M&M's for math. I hear it motivates all Silveys. Thanks for the update! That was a long drought and we're glad to hear that everyone is doing better!

Kirsta Silvey said...

Kaylee is pretty as a princess. And I loved seeing the new pictures of Sara. She just keeps getting cuter!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

That is a beautiful crown, tell Kaylee I am impressed with her skill. And I forgot to mention that I am in love with Sara's hair!! I hope that when I have a little girl someday, she will have a beautiful head of hair like Sara.

Silvey Mothership said...

Georgeous! Enough said. Funny how the kids are so different in where and what they excell in. Kaylee is a whiz at math, she'll be telling Rach the answers. Rachel has great word sense which makes her a good speller. Bry is like Nate in that he was always better away from home and parents than at home or around parents when he was young.

Hannah said...

To be honest I did my hair like that the last few days ha. Kaylee is such a stud...ett! I'm glad your kids are smart. I wish I had those genes ha jk.