Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Candace's Baby Shower

In the middle of September we got together with some of my dad's side of the family for a baby shower for my cousin, Candace. It was also a birthday party for her son Alex. It is always fun to get together with family and of course the kids loved it!



Here's a shot of the hostess (my cousin Jayme) and her husband, Brandon, working hard to make sure everyone has a good time.



Candace got some great things to help get her started on the necessities of a baby girl. This is one of gifts we got her. It's a diaper changing pad with pockets for wipes and diapers attached off the sides. I absolutely love the one I have. ;-)

More gifts...



Here's Jayme, hard at work again, making preparations for one of the games.



The most hilarious game to me was mashed candy in a diaper and we all had to try and guess what kind of candy was in each diaper. Talk about black mail pictures, ha. Just kidding.

In this picture we have my Grandma Atwood (aka Grams), Brandon (with the compromising diaper :-), and my Aunt Landra.



I thought it was hilarious that throughout the course of the game Aunt Landra wound up with a huge pile of "messy" diapers in front of her.



Here's my cousin Tennasyn's boyfriend (now fiance), Josh taking a whiff from a diaper.


Looks like Candace is thinking about how many of these she's going to have to change in the next year. Jk, but Alex sure looks like he's enjoying the spectacle.



Here's Tennasyn holding our sweet little baby. Brooklyn was two and a half months in this picture. So cute!


Now it's Alex's turn to open presents.



He's about Bryant's age so we figured we couldn't go wrong with Star Wars Legos...

We were right! He went right to work putting it together.



Here's Brooklyn and Landra. I of course "had" to convince her to hold the baby so I could take pictures. ;-)



While the adults had fun with the baby shower the kids had a lot of fun playing...
Rachel and Kaylee blew up the punch balls in their goody bags and went straight to it.



Bryant of course found a video game and was very excited that there was another boy there to play with him.

I finally convinced him and Carson (Jayme's step son) to take a break from the video game long enough for a great picture. Look at the joy in those faces!


Sara was so excited to find a pair of wings at their house. "She ran up to show me, as soon as she found them and kept them on till we had to put her coat on to leave.
There's a story that goes with this, which makes it all the more fun when you understand the premise behind it. To tell it best I will quote a journal entry from August 7th,

"Yesterday while we were at IKEA eating dinner Sara and I had quite the funny conversation… She was showing me a picture of Tinker Bell that Kaylee colored for her, and put cool designs on the wings. The conversation went something like this: “I don’t have wings,” Sara said after getting a disappointed look on her face. After agreeing with her she stood in her seat and started flapping her arms saying, “See I can’t fly.” Trying not to laugh too hard I asked her, “Do you think you can get wings?” “Yep,” she said, “And Book-a-lynn (as she pronounces it) too.” “Oh,” I said,”You’ll both get wings?” She quickly answered, “Yep, and you and Dad too, and they go on my back.” I chuckled and asked, “Do you think you can fly when you get wings?” She of course got very animated and said, “Yep, and pixie dust… wings and pixie dust to fly like this,” as she stood and flapped her arms again. Caleb got to the table with the food then and she moved on to eating her food, but I couldn’t stop laughing for a few minutes she was so funny."

So, here's Sara with her wings. :-D





After all the guests left we stuck around for a little bit to visit with all the relatives there. Grams graciously held Brooklyn while I gathered the kids and stuff to head home. I don't know if you can tell in this picture or not but Brooklyn was screaming loudly to make sure everyone knew she was tired and ready to go home. Sorry Grams. ;-)

4 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

So...did she fly?

Heather said...

Nope. She's still wishing for pixie dust to help with that. ;-)

Unknown said...

It seems like you had a fun time in this baby shower!! I always want to do such planning and plotting for celebrating the special occassions with my loved ones. I would host the barn themed baby shower for my sister at the local event space and will add so many fun activities to enjoy with all of the ladies.

Anonymous said...

غسيل الشقق
غسيل شقق