Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Monday, May 5, 2008

And another one down...

Yes, the projects keep churning as long as I'm home, but this week it's off to San Diego again. This travel thing looks like it'll be wrapping up soon. It'll be nice when I can be at home on a regular basis. It's been nice to be at home and get some things done.

Before I go into the accomplishments over the last couple weeks, I thought I'd share some tidbits from the kids...
  • Rachel got to go on her first school field trip this last week. They went to Hogle Zoo up in SLC. Unfortunately it was that morning that the weather decided to dump a few inches of May snow. She said she had a fun time, but was kinda cold.
  • We can't get Kaylee to stay in the house. She's already the darkest one in the family and if it keeps up, she'll probably rival her uncle Scott Hiatt for summer skin tone. (Scott, do you miss the locating job?)
  • Bryant's new favorite is Star Wars (that's my boy). He now runs around the house making the sounds of light sabers using his thumbs as the blade (just picture the kid running and jumping around with "two thumbs up"). He loves to pretend to fight "bad spiders" and he gets help from "good spiders". And we've not had any popcorn incidents to report. :-)
Heather has been up and down with this pregnancy. She's scheduled for an ultrasound on the 20th so we should have something fun to report in a couple weeks.

Since my last post I've been busy and finally have two projects off the list. Two weeks ago it was the sprinkler project. I dug up all the funny pipes, attached the sprinkler heads and buried them again. That one took me 5 days - one for hooking up the electrical stuff and getting my materials ready, three evenings to knock out half of it, and an entire Saturday to get the rest in the ground. I got some help from Scott on Saturday afternoon which was very welcome. My hamstrings were so sore that week.

The best part of the sprinkler project (other than being done) was Monday evening when dad was finally able/willing to come down and help. By the end of it we were both cold, soaked, and muddy, but I could run the system - plus I got to soak dad. That's still fun. Here's a tangent... hey family - do you remember when we had water fights in the house in Springfield? Filling cups of water and chasing each other through the house? ... anyway ...

The other project as I mentioned in an earlier post was a set of shelves in our closet under the stairs in our pantry. Sorry Harry Potter - you can't stay under our stairs - that shelf project is done. In a week I was able to cut, assemble, disassemble, sand, prep, stain, seal, and install what turned out to be a very nice looking set of shelves. It's almost a shame that they'll be hidden in a closet. Oh well, it's good practice for the future projects. Heather took some pictures and I'll see if she can post them this week.

7 comments:

Silvey Mothership said...

Hurrah for projects and even better when they are done! Change of pace and scenery this week I guess. Thanks for the update!

Hiatt Family said...

I am white. I miss increasing my chances of getting melanoma. I don't miss being mistaken for a Mexican.

Scott

Hannah said...

I'm pretty excited to play star wars with Bryant. My thumbs have skills...and I can make wicked sound effects. As for killing the bad spiders, my light saber is incognito with all of its surroundings...I am definitely the top Jedi...definitely. No wait, I'm basically Yoda!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

If Hannah is Yoda, then I guess that makes me Luke, "The Chosen One". What's this whole thing about the spiders? I don't remember spiders in Star Wars...

Bradley

Caleb said...

His spider fix must be a cross between the fantasy worlds of Star Wars and Harry Potter - maybe Spider-Man 3 as well...? It's pretty funny though.

Kirsta Silvey said...

It's true—the bad spider thing is hilarious. And he doesn't harm the good spiders, only the bad ones. My house is now bad spider free thanks to the efforts of Bryant and my dollar store pirate gun.

Hiatt Family said...

Can I hire Bryant to teach Mason to kill my bad spiders? Um... does he kill real spiders? I could use a real spider killer. I hate spiders...