Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Friday, July 18, 2008

Projects and more

Some might say that I'm a little behind in my blogging. Yes, this may be true. What I'm not behind in is my house work. Over the last few weeks we've been busy with painting our house. It all started the week before July 4th when Heather and I purchased a new King bed. We wanted to keep our old bed to be available for guests, but Bry's room just wasn't big enough. So we decided to switch Bryant and our office/craft room.

We started by moving Bryant and his things into the girls' room. We primed the blue wall and repainted the entire room to a medium green. We think color turned out really nice. From there we moved the office to the newly painted room and then painted Bry's blue accent wall again. He now sleeps on the queen bed and still has room to play. If any of you come to visit you're welcome to boot him out for a decent bed!

The painting didn't stop there. Some of you might recall that we had painted the front room and living room a light tan color. We decided that the color was too light. We found a darker tan color that we thought would look better and proceeded to repaint downstairs. We did a slightly darker accent wall in both of the downstairs rooms. While Heather and the kids were gone to a family reunion (Johansen side) I took on the monumental task of painting the stairwell. It's a good thing I have a Little Giant ladder, otherwise this would have been extremely difficult. Here's a picture of the setup.



I have the platform extended between the ladder and set on top of a bucket of wheat. The food storage came in handy! I was able to step off the upstairs landing right onto the platform, then I used the kids' stool to reach up into the corners. It all turned out pretty well.


Oh, remember the "colorful" couches we inherited for the front room? Don't the slip covers look great?!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Yes, the slip covers look way better. And...you couldn't pay me to climb up that ladder. Holy cow. Congrats on getting your crap done with.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

The slip covers look much better. Where did you get them? They look better than some of the covers I have seen. Do you realize that you only have a little over 10 weeks before you have 4 kids?! Crazy...we will have to plan another trip out there to see her!

Caleb said...

Slip covers came from JCPenney. They had only a few in the store, so ours were ordered from the catalog.

Silvey Mothership said...

Yea, Caleb helped me make and rebuild scaffold for the stairwells when I painted or wallpapered. Not a pretty picture when I was 6 mon pregnant! It turned out nice, nesting is getting completed.