Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Friday, November 7, 2008

PANORAMA!

I was really excited to find a FREE program that would stitch together multiple photos into a panoramic view and thought I'd share.

These first two pictures were each two images that were taken side by side. The pictures were taken at the mountain cabin we stayed at last summer with Heather's family. You are seeing a panoramic view of the Great Smoky Mountains in eastern Tennessee.



This picture was a combination of 5 vertical photos combined taken from the deck of the cabin we stayed at.


I can't wait to try this out in some other settings. the program seems to do a really good job. The program is called "Hugin" and is available here if you're interested. By the way, these pictures were trimmed down to a web-friendly size. The actual size of this last picture in its TIF format is 4331 by 1847 pixels which is pretty stinkin' big.

2 comments:

Kirsta Silvey said...

Nice. I think I'm going to have to give it a try.

Silvey Mothership said...

I'd never figure it out- I'd have to have "support". Looks good though.