Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Old Dresser

After years of sitting in mom and dad's garage, and after months of sitting in pieces in my garage, I can finally say that this project is complete. All the boys in the family (except maybe Scott?) took a turn with this dresser. Now Bryant gets his turn.

The dresser was in bad shape when I picked it up. Worse shape as I disassembled the entire thing. A mess in my garage after sanding. I wound up replacing the bottoms of all the drawers, the panel on the door, the shelf inside the door, and some pieces in the back as well. I wish I had taken a before and after picture...



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kirsta Silvey said...

Way to git er done. It looks great! And I really like Bry's face in that picture.

Silvey Mothership said...

You did a great job restoring it. It should be good for another round of boys or kids! It looks really nice. Come help me finish Dad's desk that has been in the garage for almost as long as that! Hehehe

Hiatt Family said...

Looks nice. I totally remember that dresser. If we ever live closer I may have to get you to do some woodworking projects for me since you are such a pro!

Lecia said...

Impressive, Caleb. Looks like a new dresser. What a fun thing to pass on to your kids.