Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Second Ultrasound

I went in for the second ultrasound today. None of her fingers or toes have fallen off since the last one. ;-) He checked the kidneys again. It looks like one of them has closed off, but not the other. So, he said they will probably scan her again after she's born to check them then and just keep a close eye on her until they do close off. He said they usually close off on their own by about 6 months, but kids with this tend to get urinary tract infections more easily so we'll have to watch for that. (I'm not sure if that's just during the time till it closes off, or if that continues after.) Anyway, it didn't sound like anything to be concerned about and hopefully it will resolve on its own.
Other than checking the measurements again, which this time put the date a few days early, there's not much new to report except that she is going to have A LOT of hair, according to the tech. Even I could see it in the pictures. No wonder why my heartburn isn't any better than it was with Sara. I've decided ultrasounds aren't nearly as fun the second time around, but that's mostly because laying on my back for any length of time right now is just torture. My SI joint and my low back are really giving me a lot of trouble this time around. Oh well, life goes on right. Not too much longer now. My due date is still June 28th and we are counting it down. :-)

4 comments:

Alexis said...

That's exciting and not far away! Wahoo! Hopefully we're coming out around that time, then we'll be able to see the newest member of the family!

Be strong, Heather! You're awesome!

Silvey Mothership said...

Sounds like things are progressing well. It's so nice they can see and tell so much ahead of birth time now. Lots of hair? Hurray!

Aunt Gina said...

A girl's gotta have hair! Ha! You can wait one more day and have her on June 29, right Colin?

Pianomom said...

Anna was born with a thick head of hair, and I had horrible heartburn with her. I know you are ready to reach the end:) It will be here before you know it.