Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Brooklyn Opal Silvey

I know, we are way overdue for some pictures and blog entries so here we go... Hopefully now that I can access our pictures through my laptop we can do a better job at keeping this thing up to date. (Here's hoping right? ;-)

We are now a family of seven. Brooklyn joined our family June 25th. I still can’t believe she’s finally here. We got to the hospital at 2pm on the 25th. I invited my sister, Michele, to be there at the hospital with us. I wished I had known what to expect with my first one so I offered her the chance. It was fun to have her there. Well, they started the Pitocin at about 3:15pm and things started. I was dilated to a 3 when we got there and at about 6:45 they gave me the epidural and checked me again. I was only dilated to a 4. Since it seemed like we were going to be there for a while I sent Caleb and Michele back to our house to grab a cable so we could play movies on his laptop and watch them on the TV in room, also, to get Michele some dinner. The nurse came in about an hour after the epidural to put a catheter in. As she was raising the bed back up she looked at the monitor and said, “It looks like we may be getting some head compression. I’d better check you.” She lowered the bed back down and checked me and exclaimed, “You’re complete. We’d better call the doctor.” Just then Caleb and Michele walked into the room, thankfully. The nurse made the call and started setting up for the doctor. Thankfully the doctor hurried and I didn't have to wait too long for him. My epidural didn't work very well at all and this was definitely the most painful pushing of all my kids.

True to form I only had to push a few times and she was out so the pain didn't last too long. She was born at 8:27pm, only about 5 hours after they started the Pitocin. Since Caleb doesn't cut the umbilical cord the doctor let me do it. I really liked my new doctor. I felt like he actually talked to me and involved me in the delivery process more than just telling me when to push.

Now, on to the pictures...



Somehow this one posted out of place and I'm not going to take the time to fix it so deal. ha. My dad and Benjamin Gibson (somehow we missed that picture, sorry Benjamin) came to the hospital soon after the delivery and got to hold baby Brooklyn.




It took her a little bit to cry and when she did it wasn't a whole lot, which was a nice change from Sara who everyone could hear.



When Brooklyn was born she was 20 inches long and weighed 8lbs 2oz.



Brooklyn and Daddy. I thank my Father in Heaven for blessing my life with such an amazing man!



Yes, we are so happy she's here.



Michele was "blessed" ;-) to be a part of the process. She said she was glad she came. Hopefully she isn't too traumatized by the whole process.


Hopefully this is the first of many entries to come you just may have to be a bit patient. Life with five children is already crazy busy, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! Also, I've realized as I have been looking through our pictures that we have totally failed in that department this time around with everything else going on. So, if you have any good pictures with Brooklyn please send them our way. Thanks.

3 comments:

Silvey Mothership said...

yay for a new post! We're so happy Brooklyn is here too! She's a cutie.

Kirsta Silvey said...

So cute! I'm glad she's here too! Methinks she's a keeper.

Alexis said...

We're so glad we could be there for so many important events. Love and miss you guys!