Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Monday, August 22, 2011

Brooklyn's Two Week Check Up

Before I get into her two week check up I have to show off some of Bryant's creativity. He made this shield all by himself. I think he got the idea from something in the Friend magazine and decided it was something he could do. He even put a handle on the back for him to hold it properly. He made a knife to go with it too but somehow I didn't get a picture of that one. That's pretty darn impressive for my boy who hardly ever colors.



Yes, July was a busy month for my boy. He also made this apartment building for his Lego guys. He was so excited to show it off when he finished. He told me that each of them has their own TV. He still has this built and set up in his room. In fact, the other day when we were leaving the house for a bit he got in the van and said, "Mom, I told my Lego guys they couldn't watch TV while we are gone, and I told them to watch over my room." I got a good laugh out of that one.


See, here they are watching their own TV's. :-)



Here's Brooklyn a few days shy of two weeks. At her two week check up they confirmed that she was tongue tied and they clipped the skin under her tongue. She screamed the most when we started holding her still so he could cut the right thing, but after he clipped it and we let go she pretty much stopped crying. I felt so bad for her, but it was fun to see her actually stick her tongue out and realize that I hadn't seen her do that yet.
At two weeks she weighed 8lbs 4oz and was 21in long. Such a relief at that stage to know they are growing.


5 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

Bryant's apartment building cracked me up. So creative! Good move on getting that tongue clipped now!

Hiatt Family said...

Well "now" as in like a month and a half ago. :)

Alexis said...

Bryant is AWESOME! Booklyn looks so cute! I hope she's still nursing well for you!

Silvey Mothership said...

Impressive Bry! I loved it when the kids(caleb and Scotty mostly) would play and pretend for hours with legos.

lecia said...

Bryant, I am so impressed. What a fun house your guys have. I bet no one else has a place that cool to keep their toys.
Congratulations on Brooklyn & her good check up. Hope she just continues to grow & grow