Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Friday, February 29, 2008

U2 3D


I just have to say that this was an experience...

This has been an extremely busy and stressful week for me. On top of the travel I am getting ready for Summit next week and I've had to make some major revisions to my presentations. On top of all this, my work laptop fell off the desk on Tuesday night, knocking it out and putting me that much farther behind. It has since been repaired to the point of use, but will likely need a new hard drive (I think they put a temporary one in).

Well, tonight I worked extra hard and got my work done in time to have some free time. There is an IMAX theater pretty close and I found out that U2 3D was playing there. In case you didn't already know, U2 is one of my favorite bands and I couldn't pass up the chance to see this. It is the first concert ever recorded and presented in 3D. Since it's a school night I didn't expect many in the theater and I was right - there was me and two other people in the showing I went to. Talk about cool!

Words can't describe how cool it was to see this band perform in 3D. There are scenes were you can see Bono's eyes through the sunglasses he sometimes wears. The Edge's fretwork was seen in amazing detail on a number of songs (Where the Streets Have No Name was a highlight). Seeing the drummer through the drum set and the different styles of bass guitar - aahhhh the bliss!

If you enjoy U2 and have a chance to see this - don't miss it!

3 comments:

Silvey Mothership said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Silvey Mothership said...

Words cannot describe the feeling I had when I first commented on this post. Thus my first comment was deleted as it did not adequately convey the right message. It was something along the line of a comparison of going to my first live concert. I believe "The Carpenters" were performing. It was a great concert too!

Hiatt Family said...

I think Hannah Montana has a concert in 3D too. However, only a select few could get in to see it when it was released for a one time showing a few weeks ago. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll show it down the street. I bet her bangs are PHENOMENAL in 3D. I'm just saying... you probably don't want to miss it. I heard they might show it again in a few select cities. My only other comment is...I want to see pictures of your children. Remember them? They live in UTAH and I miss them...