Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Sunday, March 16, 2008

The tools of the trade

There's not a lot new to report this week - at least no major news that I'm aware of...

Rachel is here next to me and wanted me to remind everyone:
"Easter is coming soon. It is next Sunday. That's it. I also want to put that I miss 'em."

It's home improvement time - spring cleaning and all that junk. I've had Scott down the past couple Saturdays to help reorganize and clean out some of the crap from our garage. We've had some boxes and other miscellaneous junk items that we've thrown in to the garage since about Christmas time. Knowing that my yard projects are just around the corner it made sense to get this done sooner than later.

One of the other motivating factors for the cleaning was the recent purchases of my new favorite toys/tools. You girls should be equally excited...

First came the 12" compound miter saw at Christmas - great for making all sorts of quick and angled cuts on boards. Perfect for trim projects and the girls' craft boards.


The more recent purchase was the 10" table saw which took us two Saturdays to assemble and adjust to square. The reason it took two weekends was all of the crap we were moving around and tossing to make sure we had the space to work...


In addition to these tools I've invested in a new router and router table for making all the nice embellishments to wood. Don't forget the shop vac that I can connect to each of these tools to minimize the dust that needs to be cleaned after playing. The only thing missing is the third car garage to keep this stuff in its own area. Maybe the next house...


I just wanted to let the family know that you're welcome to come and use these tools when you have a project. I also guess that means that Dad can get rid of his trusty old (hazardous, heavy, somewhat reliable) saws when he feels he can part with them. ;-)

3 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

Dad? Get rid of anything that is trusty and old? I think not. Tell Rachel we miss her too. :)

Silvey Mothership said...

Now that you're organized I do have a few projects in mind. I'm sure Dad will love trying out your new play area. Of course that means my garage will never get cleaned again!

Silvey Mothership said...

Comments from daddy:

In the words of Tim Taylor from "ToolTime" of Home Improvement:(gorilla grunts and barks...uh uh uuuuh!)I like the "Hot" pictures of tools!

In response to mom's comment "Of course that means my garage will never get cleaned again!"

Daddy says: " I don't think so Tia"