Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Torrey Pines and La Jolla cove

First, happy birthday to my sister Lenna! The ripe old age of 28 - I hope you've had a good day.

Now that the time has changed (yay more light!) I've had a chance to see a couple of beaches here in the San Diego area. It's kinda nice since I've been given a convertible to drive both last week (VW Beetle) and this week (Nissan 350Z). It's the little things like this that help to keep me sane. I thought I'd share a few pics that I took with my phone.

First I went to Torrey Pines - a state park area with a long coast line. I can leave the office at about 6pm and we have light until a little after 7pm. As you can see from the pics below, much of the beach area runs up to a cliff.



I took a walk on the beach here one evening as the tide was coming in and took a hike up on top of the cliff the next evening. The picture below was taken from a lookout point on the trail.

Last night I went into La Jolla (pronounced la-hoya for those that don't speak Mexican) for dinner with a coworker. We parked the car at La Jolla cove and took a walk at the park/beach area there on our way to the restaurant. We saw dolphins in the water not to far off of the shore and watched a few crazy people go body surfing in the cold water.


The pics aren't all that great, but it at least gives me something that I can share. I'd like to say that all of my time in CA is nice and relaxing, but it's not. On the other hand I think moments where I can spend some time to unwind in such a nice setting makes all the work I'm doing bearable. I will actually be at home next week and hopefully starting a rotation schedule so I'm not gone all week every week.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Silvey Mothership said...

Warm weather and beaches with a hike sounds like a great way to unwind! Let's go!

Hiatt Family said...

I could use a trip to the beach right now. Heck, I would be satisfied with just a little sunshine. Did you guys have a good Easter? I want to see pictures of the cute kids in their cute clothes!