Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Utah Jazz vs. Sacramento Kings

Thanks to my new role (and a lot of recent work) Heather and I were able to go to our first Jazz game last weekend. Omniture hosted a party for the finalists of this semester's Omniture Web Analytics Competition (OWAC for short). Omniture purchased 36 tickets to one of the suites and I was in charge of hosting the event. Really all this meant was getting up in front of about 50 people in the suite at halftime, giving a quick speech, and raffling off some prizes.

Our tickets...


The suite box was overlooking the goal post on the side of the court where the Jazz bench was. A steak dinner was served and they had snacks throughout the game. Here are a few pictures from our evening...



The camera did a pretty good job at getting pics of action on the floor. I really wanted to have a better telephoto lens for even closer shots...




One of the people in our suite noticed that President Thomas S. Monson was in attendance. I caught this picture of him during a halftime stretch.


Overall it was a great evening and everyone in attendance had fun. The Jazz won this game 102-89 over the Kings.

On the way out they were handing out a special edition newspaper focused on Larry H. Miller who passed away recently. Scott Hiatt - Knowing the Jazz fan that you are, I picked up an extra for you in case you want it.

Thanks Nate and Kirsta for watching the kids for us! :0)

5 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Kirsta Silvey said...

No problem. It was fun to have them around!

Silvey Mothership said...

Sorry I had to bail but I'm pretty sure you didn't really want what Scott was infested with. Glad Kirsta could do it and glad you had fun at the Jazz game! BTW It's great that you got a new camera.

Hannah said...

I wanna go to a Jazz game! Just throwing it out there ha. Flippin' jealous is all I have to say. I wish I had KJZZ TV...then I could at least watch some games ha. Curse this desert! Glad you all had a night out on the town...without the little ones. woot!

Lisa Moore said...

Those pictures are amazing! Tell Jared to splurge on a camera like that! It looked like you guys had a good time! You deserve it!!