Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Peaches

Last year after we moved into our house we decided to plant a couple of trees. We planted a sunburst maple in the front and a Gleason (Lemon) Alberta peach tree in the back. We were surprised to find that the peach tree, although quite young and small decided to give fruit this year. From what I understand this is not typical for the first year after planting. We probably had around 30-40 fruits in the beginning, which I thinned down to about 20-25 earlier in the season.

A couple weeks ago we had some kids over playing who found the peach tree (and obviously didn't know better) , picked the green fruits and threw them down on our concrete patio breaking them into little pieces. Here's a picture of what remained on the tree which we picked this week.

6 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

That was nice of them, it sounds like something I would have done. It sounds like something Donovan would love to do!

Hannah said...

I miss free fresh fruit...did your kids help destroy your peaches on your patio???

Hiatt Family said...

stupid kids. I bet caleb was ticked! Congrats on bearing fruit!

Silvey Mothership said...

Shoot I was the first to comment but I guess I forgot to type the silly letters! I said I bet your kids won't let that happen again. I also said those peaches look like they are a bit green. Just enough to make a fresh peach pie!

Kirsta Silvey said...

heather's about to bear fruit too. what a timely post.

Hiatt Family said...

Did you chase the kids down the street and threaten to call the cops?