Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Quick update

Yes, yes, my blog is terribly out of date. That's what happens when things get really busy. Seriously, for the last few weeks I've put in 10-12 hour days doing some intense work with strict deadlines and I'm sick of looking at a computer by the end of a day. Things are getting a little better but the days are still long. And so it goes with work.

Let's face it - most of you read this to know what's going on with the other people in my house. Who cares if Caleb has a birthday. I will have you know that the only call I received on my birthday was from Jared Moore. Local family might be off the hook since they came on Saturday and sang happy birthday. Lenna sent an e-card if that counts. I don't know what happened to Brad and Hannah.

So the kids started school. Rachel is a big first grader now. Kaylee is going to kindergarten in the afternoon. Bryant goes to a new preschool in the neighborhood on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. They all seem to be adjusting pretty well. I'm mostly surprised at Bryant - things that he's not very inclined to do at home (like behave and listen) he seems to do well while at preschool according to his teacher. Maybe some of it will stick...

Heather is still huge. Only a few more weeks to go. She will be going to the doctor once a week starting next week. I anticipate we'll have a better gauge on the delivery date soon. She's been induced almost a week early with all of our others. As long as it doesn't come the week of September 15, we'll be fine (I'm traveling to Austin, TX that week). We'll see if this one follows suit. Honestly I can't wait for the new kid - I actually get paternity leave with Omniture - two weeks paid time off. I'll probably take a few days off initially and then work half days from home for another couple weeks.

DeAnna asked about baby names - yes we have discussed a few, but nothing is decided. We probably won't share any of our ideas until after the baby is named because that's the way we do it now. We've typically decided the day the baby was born, with the exception of Bryant - we had him named from the time we were thinking of names for our first before we knew the gender.

That's all I have time for now. I'll try to post again soon with pics from the last few weeks.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm sorry I spaced your b-day. I really am. I was going to call when everyone was at your casa watching the game, but forgot then ha. On monday in honor of your birthday I hung out with my mormon medics all day. At any rate...my birthday present to you and to your whole family is the pleasure of chillin with me next weekend in your sick UTEP gear. That stuff didn't come cheap. I hope you had a great birthday! Yahoo for being older!

Kirsta Silvey said...

Hooray for a new post. I hope you enjoyed your real birthday. And I'm so glad your new baby is almost here! (But I'm sure no one is as glad as Heather is!) Can't wait to see some pictures...

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

If it makes you feel any better, Brad is super busy. Lenna and Scott have only seen him a couple of times in the last month or so. I guess I can't be disappointed about you not sharing names. We didn't share with anyone either, but we had about 4 names on the table until Donovan was about 10 minutes old.

Sorry for missing your birthday, I have always been bad about birthdays, that will be one of my New Year's resolutions. Happy (late) Birthday!!!

Silvey Mothership said...

Well....each time I thought of calling you on your birthday it was either really early so I thought you might be sleeping in or later and I thought you just might like not being bugged on your REAL birthday. Sorry, bad choice. You know I love you and hope your day was nice! Nice to have a new post...looking forward to pictures.

Hiatt Family said...

what the heck? I posted a very entertaining comment yesterday and somehow or another it didn't make it. I can't even remember what I said. dang. I made some snotty comment about why I didn't call you on your birthday...oh yeah...because I felt like schmuck due to an excess amount of phlegm and snot. Yummy. I'm sorry that only Jared remembered to call you on your birthday. Poor form from your siblings. Can't wait to see pictures of all your kids. I can't believe they are all going to school and that you are going to have another one soon. Tell heather we're praying her through the next few weeks. She's on the homestretch!