Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Firstborn

Here you go moms - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself.


1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Yes

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Very happy and excited.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
Never.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
21 when we found out, 22 when she was born.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I suspected it for a couple of weeks before it was confirmed. I just remember being very hungry and tired.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Caleb of course.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Yes

9. DUE DATE?
Sept. 18th (I think)

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Not really. I was a little nauseas sometimes, but not too bad.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Beef! I no longer wanted chicken, which is what I usually ate before. Instead I wanted burgers, steak, etc.

12.WHAT IRRITATED YOU?
I don't really remember being irritated. I did hate the fact that the smell of meat cooking made me nauseas.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Female

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No.


15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY
50-ish. I did manage to lose it all and then some though.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Nothing major. She had a cord wrapped around her so I had to lie on my side (I think it was my right side) for most of the labor.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Utah Valley Regional Medical Center (Provo)

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
We started the pitocin at 7pm, I only had to push 3 or 4 times,
and she was born about 8am. So, I guess it was about 13 hours.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Caleb.

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Caleb was in there, but he certainly wasn't watching. So, other than Dr. Porter and his team it was Tia.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
It was vaginal, not natural. There's a difference.

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
I got the epidural pretty early on because the nurses scared us. We were concerned they might need to do an emergency c-section so I wanted to be all preped in case. (It was all dealing with the cord wrapped around her. Her heart rate kept dropping, but they didn't really say much too us. The nurse just looked a little nervous when she came rushing in and stuck her hand up there to rub the baby's head. In hind sight it probably wasn't such a big deal, but with it being my first delivery and how much the nurse was rushing around it kind of stressed us out.)

25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
7 pounds 6 ounces (19 inches)

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?
Sept 13, 2001

27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Rachel Leanne Silvey

No comments: