Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Snow Fun (by Heather)

Bryant's getting ready to throw some snow at me. That was his favorite part of playing in the snow; getting to throw it at Mom. ;-)


Well, I haven't figured out how to put words before the pictures start, so I'll start after the first picture.
On Valentine's Day we were lucky enough to get enough snow to have some fun. (I've been hoping that we would get at least one more good snow now that I am feeling better and could last for a while.) So, after breakfast the three older kids, the neighbor girl, and I went out to play and build a snowman. Sorry, there's a ton of pictures, but I couldn't figure out which ones to leave out.

Bryant's inspecting the damage he did with his snowball.


Everyone is working hard building big snowballs for the snowman.


Kaylee's the only one that stuck with me for the entire snowman. What a trooper!!! This is a great picture of her rolling the snowball to make it bigger.


Here's our snowman. The kids named him "Frosty." Rachel and Kaylee loved having Nendalynn out there to play with them. She loved helping to put the pieces on Frosty too. Obviously, the snow didn't stick around too long. This picture was taken after the sledding and most of the snow was gone from the front yard. At least we got to play in it first.

After some hot chocolate and a quick lunch I hauled all four of our children and Nendalynn to the golf course for some serious sledding. (Caleb was busy with work stuff for Summit.) Nendalynn had never been sledding before so the girls were excited to show her the ropes. I wasn't sure if they would last too long, but we were there for at least three hours. We all had a blast!
Here are some of my favorite pictures.




By the end of it Kaylee got tired of pulling the sled up the hill and started crawling while pushing it up. In this picture it got away from her and Rachel headed down after it so she could have that one.


Sara stayed bundled up in her car seat for most of the time. She slept for about half the time. I set her under the tree at the top of the hill to help keep some of the snow and wind off, and bundled her up really good. I was especially grateful for the warm car seat blanket (thanks Granny). After she woke up we pulled her out for a little fun too. She was very intent on watching the others play.


That smile says it all. Gosh she's so cute!!! ;-)


Kaylee held Sara in this sled for a little bit while I pulled them around on the flat surface.


The kids all wanted turns sledding with me so they took turns watching Sara while I went down with each of them twice.

About the time we were finishing up it really started to snow. Check out those flakes. I love how you can see them in these pictures. It really looks like a winter wonderland.


7 comments:

Hannah said...

I LOVE IT! It looks like the kids had a blast! The snowman looks super! I miss those stinkers :) Sara has the cutest smile ever! She really is a Rachel mini-me :)

Kirsta Silvey said...

Fun! I'm kind of sad now that we didn't go. Too bad my boys were both sick. I love the pictures of Sara. I was going to describe the one I liked best, but basically all of them are freaking adorable! I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Melody's Gazette said...

Thanks again for bringing Nendalynn. She had so much fun. She said she really loved going down the hill with you. Have I said lately how happy I am to be next door to you? Well, I am. That little Sara looks like a literal "bundle of joy". Such cutie kids!

Hiatt Family said...

It looks like you all had fun! If it snows in March while we're there we'll have to do it again...Mason would love to sled with his cousins! He looked at the pictures with me and jabbered about all of them! Look at you and your mad bloggin' skills... thank goodness someone is letting us know what's going on with your bunch!

Silvey Mothership said...

Shoot! I commented days ago but must have forgotten to type the verification stuff in. Fun in the snow with a bunch of cute kids. Glad you were able to play for the day!

Mary Bennett said...

Those pictures turned out so cute!! I love the snow coming down. Sure do miss the snow. Thanks for sharing!!!

Gina said...

thanks for the pics - those kids are so darn cute!