Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Recipe Friday

(I'm doing this a little early because I know tomorrow is going to be crazy and I probably wouldn't get to it if I wait till tomorrow.)

This is a recipe I got from my neighbor, Melody. It's delicious!!!

Husband's Delight
1 lb ground beef
10 oz egg noodles (I've used spaghetti noodles and spiral noodles)
1 (14oz) can italian diced tomatoes (I use regular and just add some italian seasoning)
1 tsp salt
1 T sugar
8 oz sour cream
8 oz cream cheese, softened
about 1/4 onion, chopped
about 1/2 pound cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350.
Cook Pasta and drain.
Cook ground beef and onion (I also added about a tsp of chopped garlic) on medium heat. Drain. Add tomatoes with juice, salt, and sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes. Combine sour cream and cream cheese.
In a 9x13 pan layer noodles, meat mixture, and sour cream mixture. Top with sliced cheese ( I used shredded cheese instead). Cover and bake 20 min. Remove foil and cook an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.

(Caleb thinks it might be a little better if you mix everything together instead of layering it. That way the topping would be more evenly spread with the pasta, especially if you use shredded cheese. We'll probably try it that way the next time I make it.)

3 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

cream cheese AND sour cream? Yes... I think I will try this out! You had be at cream cheese. It makes everything taste good!

Melody's Gazette said...

I always mix mine together once it's on my plate. I like mixing things on my plate together though. I like to taste cream cheese in every bite!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Mmmmm...I will have to have visitors over when I make this so I won't have too many leftovers! I don't think I could resist it knowing there was more in the fridge...