Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Omniture Summit 2009 and Maroon 5

This is a long time coming, I know. I haven't posted since last year and it's almost the end of February. I've been very occupied at work since my promotion to manager. I manage one of our consulting groups now and have been very busy as we've come into 2009.

In addition to learning my responsibilities I have been preparing for our annual Omniture Summit - a conference for our clients geared toward online marketers. We give everyone a chance to network and learn about products and industry services. It's become quite a big event. This year's conference was held in the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City this past week.

If you haven't been to the Salt Palace, you should know that it takes up a full city block in Salt Lake City - an eighth of a mile - and used to be the home of the Utah Jazz before the Delta Center was built. We used all of the meeting areas and one exhibition hall down the main hallway. The pictures below were taken one of the mornings before things got going.




Each conference has meetings and keynote speakers that go from Tuesday to Thursday with skiing on Friday. After the meetings each day there are parties, after parties and other entertainment. In past years we have had keynote speakers such as Lance Armstrong, authors of famous books, and entertainment from Frank Caliendo and Flight of the Conchords.

This year we had a private concert with Maroon 5. They were great live - people that didn't care much for their music commented how great they were live and were happy they went. I took one of my cameras with and took a few pitures...








And a video of one of the songs, If I Never See Your Face Again


So now that this year's Summit is over and I'm looking to get into a better routine. Looking forward to less stress, although I will still be busy. Enjoy the pics and video.

4 comments:

Silvey Mothership said...

Looks like it was productive and fun! I know your family is glad to have you back home. Hey, I keep forgetting to ask if you know a guy that works at Omniture by the last name of Egbert. His wife teaches 1/2 day at Sage Creek in
3rd grade.

Hiatt Family said...

Glad you survived the SUMMIT. Wish my job had cool summits like yours.

Lecia said...

Congratulations on your promotion. I hope the new year is a wonderful one for you & your family.

Hannah said...

Um, why wasn't I invited to check out Maroon five? Lucky butt!