Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010
Silvey Family - Myrtle Beach 2010

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Silly Kaylee (by Heather)

So two nights ago Caleb and I are getting ready for bed when we hear a loud thud followed by hysterical cries from Kaylee. We get to their room and sure enough she fell out of bed. She told Caleb she fell out of Rachel's bed and it took several minutes to get her to calm down and stop crying. Well, the next morning when I told the girls they were too big to be sharing a bed now they both looked at me like they didn't know what I was talking about. I said, "Kaylee, didn't you tell Dad you fell out of Rachel's bed last night." She started laughing like I was teasing and said I wasn't in Rachel's bed last night. I asked if she fell out of her bed. To which she responded (still giggling), No mom, I was climbing down the ladder to get my bunny. So I asked if that was how she fell. She said, "Mom, I didn't fall out of my bed." I finally realized she had no memory of it at all. It took me several more minutes to convince her that she did actually fall out of her bed, but I am glad she obviously isn't traumatized by the event.

4 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I remember my mom telling me about being up in the middle of the night crying. I never remembered why, I think I had bad dreams and would cry while I was asleep.

Genealogy Dad said...

It's so unusual for Kaylee not to remember. I'm so glad she wasn't hurt at any rate!

Genealogy Dad said...

Shoot- guess I'm logged in under Dad again.

Hiatt Family said...

Night is a funny thing... I too have issues in the middle where I wake up crying and/or laughing hysterically without any recollection the next morning. Thank goodness she didn't get hurt!